Once born, a wildebeest calf has 15 minutes to stand and run with the adult herd, or it will be killed by predators (usually, hyenas). The wildebeest mother will take on a pack of hyenas and sacrificially, single-handedly fight…until death to preserve the life of her calf. (Bill Gothard, Character Sketches) There are countless “hyenas” that will be used to devour the life of these God is entrusting into our care.
What is our commitment!??
Our Alertness To His Will And His Way Is Imperative!
Being intentional is our only option!
“Life is a stewardship; not an ownership; A TRUST; NOT A GIFT. With a gift you may do as you please; but with a trust you must give an account (Ephesians 2:10). God holds us responsible. We will answer to HIM!
AND…Time is short!!
The journey of life brings trials, triumphs, tragedy and achievement. Through all of this, a dedicated mother’s love remains constant. Would you consider yourself to be a dedicated mom: a mom that is committed to the success of your child first, above yourself? I know we are fraught with the demanding activities and social media that keep us exhausted from one day to the next; but are we, through it all, rejoicing moms that keep the ultimate goal in view? By the way, what is your “ultimate goal”? Do your children view the goal and actively participate, involved in “giving” of themselves, or are they “me first”, “takers”, full of entitlement?
Let me encourage you with all that you are in Christ and to give you the promise He left with all of us that bear the title MOTHER: 1 Thes. 5:24 says, “Faithful is He who calls you, Who will also do it.” However, it is a conditional promise…we have to let HIM! On that day of accountability there will be NO excuses! This is our call to action…
HOW DO WE DO THIS?? Where do we start?
When I think “steps of action” I think work, HARD WORK! In that same thought comes the comfort of new direction and hope for a positive change. In the introduction of our Princess Parable Blog site we looked back at 2014 only to find 2015 “approaching with stomping feet demanding Action”…Steps of ACTION!
Are you ready, Moms? Here is a test of our dedication and commitment…
(1) Do we “Walk Our Talk?!” Or do we make excuses for our wrong responses? Do we call impatience what it really is…ANGER? And how about overuse of social media…CHILD NEGLECT? Or MISSED OPPORTUNITY?! There are no “socially acceptable sins”… Rudeness is self-first; Discouragement (or “I deserve better”) is Entitlement (the very attitude we battle in our children!) Purpose to pursue holiness; moment-by-moment… Mothers of conviction, not compromise!
(2) Are we open to Teachable Moments? Please note: Most interruptions are the teachable moments! Purpose to take advantage of the moments we are least wanting to take advantage of!
(3) Are we Intentional and Consistent? All decisions we make carry a consequence…positive or negative. Purpose to teach your child this truth and in doing so, enable him/her to learn to hear the voice of God. Dial your life into the kingdom of God…Have HIS purpose wrapped in HIS WILL, not your own!
(4) Are we Character-focused? Note the attitude in which the words or eyes are speaking to you…read your child’s spirit and you will identify the REAL NEED!
(5) Are we Grateful…regardless of the circumstance? Gratefulness wards off discouragement.
(6) Are we Diligently Prayerful?…Lamentations 2:19 “Pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord. Lift up your hands to HIM for the life of your child”!
The definition of the word “purpose” means “resolute, unwavering, deliberate”…Commitment requires sacrifice.
Whether a bush nurse, a missionary mom, a city mom or whatever our title may be…each of us is called to be a godly mother with a profound and sacrificial love for our children. The calling is to “count the cost” and to love with the purpose of making these entrusted to us more successful than we could ever be for HIS glory!