The little girl in the picture was born a princess. Just like all of our little girls.
Her story has turned out different than our girls. She was born into a family in the poorest part of Thailand. Her parents having so many other children decided to send their 9 year-old daughter into the city to make money and go to school. In turn, the nice man who is helping them brings them food for their starving family and promises to bring more money once she starts working. Their daughter leaves with a hope for the future; however, the family never hears from her again.
This is a familiar story in the hill country of Thailand.
There are more human slaves in the world today than ever before in history -more than in Moses’ day in Egypt and more than in the days of the Civil War.
There is a estimated 13 million children, not to mention the 27 million adults, around the world who are held against their will. 80% of them are forced to engage in sexual acts. The other 20% are forced labor, organ donors and suicide bombers. The leading countries that are harvest grounds for children are Eastern Europe, China, Nigeria and Thailand. The countries that partake in the sex trafficking are Belgium, Germany, Greece, Israel, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Thailand, Turkey, and the U.S. Most children only live 3-7 years once they enter the “system”. Some are as young as 6 years old. Either abuse, HIV or malnutrition end their life. Their lives fund a 30 billion dollar industry.
Why am I writing about this on the Princess Parables website?
First, I believe there is not enough awareness about this widespread, global, human rights catastrophe that is happening around us. If we can shine a light into the darkness and if more people can become aware, perhaps there is a chance of stopping it. Also it helps us to be able educate our own children of this underground world of evil.
Second, I wanted to let you all know that as a part of supporting the Princess Parables ministry, we give a portion of our profits to God’s work. Because the five princesses were His idea in the first place, we view all of the money as His and we ask carefully where He would have us give. This month we were able to give a substantial amount to the Children’s Hunger Fund and rescue ONE child from slavery in Thailand.
Lastly, I believe we are all saddened by the statistics and want to help. We are just not sure what to do about it. I want to introduce you to one of our favorite charities, the Children’s Hunger Fund (CHF). We know the people involved personally in Thailand who are amazing wonderful God fearing people. Carol and Mike left their posh Hollywood entertainment jobs when they heard God’s call to sell it all and move to Thailand. They not only rescue the kids out of slavery, but they introduce them to Jesus. They have around 100 rescued kids living in their orphanage at Zoe International. You can visit their website here to learn more about them. Also at CHF you can donate $1,500 and they will go with Zoe and rescue a child off the streets of Thailand. Only $1,500 to rescue a child!!! To save a life! I just knew you would want to know about that. I can see all of us getting our kids and their friends together this summer to rescue kids off of the street and introduce them to Jesus. I just get goose bumps thinking about it! Bake sales, car washes, recycling to raise $1,500 and save a child from the horror of sex trafficking.
How will you live out the verse Ps. 82:3 Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed?
What can you and your family do to bring a child out of slavery?